By the numbers:
Stories out at the beginning of the month: 6
Acceptances received: 0
Rejections received: 5
Stories withdrawn: 0
New Submissions: 0
Stories out at the end of the month: 4
So first off, the recap is a bit late. That’s because I spent the whole holiday weekend vegging out, and then came back to work only to get hit with BAD allergies. (Or possibly a cold. But for now I’m blaming allergies.)
Also, you might notice that the numbers for August are kinda weird. This, I blame almost entirely on the Sims 2, and my lack of willpower regarding the same. EA Games made it available for free at the end of July, I downloaded it, and what was that free time I used to think I had? At least one day, I joked that I would have my Sims work on their novel rather than me doing any writing. Probably not the best approach.
Despite the weird numbers, I have been getting world building done for NaNoWriMo, and I have been working on reading slush and editing for Mad Scientist Journal, and the occasional things that Jeremy has for me to work on. I’m hoping to put up some better numbers for September, but I’ve also found that since July started, my day job has been taking a lot more out of me. I took on a new role at the beginning of July, and even though I also gained a part-time admin assistant, it’s still been really hectic. I don’t know that it’ll slow down until maybe November. So at least maybe I can get a novel written then!